Friday, November 19, 2021

Sixty is the New 93

 

Celebrating the Mouse's 93rd birthday by revisiting this souvenir magazine from his sixtieth.



...Because we've got his HEAD in cold STORAGE.  by Ray Bradbury.



This incomplete Alien from the Great Movie Ride is the scariest gd thing I've ever seen in my life.




No, wait, this neon Brer Fox is scarier.


Hopefully it's better than what they teach at Cluck U.



One last quick hit of nostalgia before we wrap this thing up, it's Mickey's Birthdayland!


Look, I know I was "too old" for this sort of thing in 1988, but I was 100% unironically fascinated by Mickey's Birthdayland as a kid.  It was a real life Duckburg! It had the statue of Cornelius Coot and everything! You could go inside Mickey's house!!

My then-girlfriend now-wife and I went to Disney in 2005 and I took as many pictures as I could of "Mickey's Toontown Fair" because you just knew it wasn't long for the 'World.  Don't get me wrong, the Barnstormer is great, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Birthdayland just a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment