Thursday, May 12, 2011

Is it just me...


...or do you find it sorta creepy when the Ducks interact with "real" people rather than dog-noses?


EXHIBIT A:
From The Disney Afternoon #6, Marvel Comics, 1995



EXHIBIT B:

"Dangerous Disguise" by Carl Barks, 1951



Some people hate the very idea of dog-noses, but not me.   What I had a problem with as a kid (and, to a lesser extent, as an adult) was when the ordinary humans and the funny-animal humans would intermingle.  Do the humans not notice that there are animals walking around, looking and acting almost exactly like people, only just slightly off?  Or perhaps they do notice, but it's considered gauche to bring up in conversation?  Either way, that's some Twilight Zone shit right there.    Creepy.


2 comments:

  1. It looks bizarre to me as well, although that's probably mostly because it happens so rarely. Actually, I remember an episode of the Darkwing Duck cartoon in which the human world was presented as an alternate universe. DW called it a land of hideous beakless mutants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny. I've got to check that out.

    ReplyDelete